Avee Complete Kits
We have started shipping the Avee for the Sony WH-1000XM3, but expect at least 2-3 weeks delay on this product till mid January 2019. The Avee Combination Kit compliments any pilot looking to transform their ANR headphones into a premium aviation headset. The avee add-on is fastened to the headset using a magnetic connection (pat.pending). This kit includes:
- Your choice of the Avee Microphone Add-on
- Your choice of microphone boom length (two lenghts available)
- Your choice of an Avee20 Aircraft Interface Cable (three cable lengths available)
- Your choice of aircraft connector
- Two extra windhields
- Two adhesive magnetic strips
- The Avee BlueLink handheld control (if selected)
- Note: Headphones sold separately.
Exchangeble microphone booms
The avee145 Exchangeable Noise Cancelling Microphone is the microphone for the avee add on. The microphone can be detached from the avee add-on and can be exchanged. Two lengths are available: 145mm and 165mm (measured from the tip to the root of the microphone stub). The standard lengths which fits most customers is 145mm. When purchasing the avee325 and ave335 Microphone Interfaces or a avee kit, either the 145mm length avee145 or the 165mm length Exchangeable Noise Cancelling Microphone is included.
Cables with connectors
The Aircraft Interface Cable is the cable between the headset and aircraft plug-in / avionics panel. Each cable is a made of a flexible, rugged and high quality material with built in strength relief. Three different lengths Adapter cables are available in a 125cm,165cm (most common) and 200cm lengths. Five different connectors The Avee Aircraft Interface Cable is available with a range of aircraft interface connectors:
- The 'industry standard' dual GA connector. The connector is used in almost all GA aircrafts but also in Boeing and Airbus aircrafts and is easily recognize on the old fashioned 5.2 and 6.3 audio dual connectors. The 5.2mm connector carries GND, PTT and the MIC signal, while the 6.3mm connector carries GND plus left and right channel.
- The rugged XLR-5. This connector is common in Airbus and Boeing aircrafts.
- 174/U (common in helicopters),
- Neutricon (Lufthansa B747)
- Lemo ( rarely used even if it is very good connector) connectors may be ordered in any of these lengths.
Adhesive magnetic strip for the avee add-on. This pack contains 2x magnetic strips. Note: the avee microphone kit includes two adhesive magnetic strips (one spare).